Amanda is a full time dance teacher and holds bachelors degree in Music Education from the University of Western Australia.
Amanda been involved in dance since 1999 and has trained both locally and in the United States, Argentina and Cuba. She was formerly the co-principle instructor at Juan Rando Dance Academy in Perth Australia, invited to teach for a year in Houston Texas with Mario Robau and Stephanie Mcpherson Robau, and has run her business Dance Amanda since 2010.
Her dance repertoire includes Argentine Tango, West Coast Swing, Brazilian Samba no Pe, Salsa, Bachata, and Cha Cha.
Amanda teaches both group classes and private lessons and is available for group, couple and wedding choreography.
Her teaching philosophy focuses on developing sound dance technique, partner connection and the enjoyment of dance.
She has taught dance since 2001, and teaches all levels from beginner to instructor.
Amanda holds a Bachelor of Music Education from the University of Western Australia.
Her choreographies have been presented at international and national dance events including the Dancing With The Stars (Australia), Canadian Swing Championships, the US Grand National Dance Championships, Sydney Salsa Congress, Australian Dance Festival, The Best of The Best West Coast Swing Congress and more.
Amanda’s choreography achievements include;
- WCS couples choreographies 2013 – current
- Argentine Tango couple choreographies 2005 – current
- Canadian Swing Championships 2011
- US Grand Nationals Dance Championships 2011
- Best of the Best West Coast Swing National Competition 2010, 2011
- Dancing with the Stars 2008
- Sydney Salsa Congresses 2005 – 2010
- Perth Latin Festival 2006
- West Coast Salsa Congress 2007
- Australian Dance Festival 2009
- JRDA Annual Balls 2003 – 2010
- Canadian Swing Championships
- US Grand Nationals Dance Championships
- Sydney Salsa Congress
- Best of the Best West Coast Swing National Competition
- Perth Latin Festival
- West Coast Salsa Congress
- Various Annual Balls and Events
- Various Paid Performances